Harvest Festival 2018
All good things around us are sent form heaven above. Then thank the Lord O thank the Lord for all his love.
A wonderful celebration for harvest this morning followed by a delicious lunch: Home made soup, pie, peas and mash potato and apple pie/crumble and wine.
Thank you to all who helped in anyway this morning
Commissioning and welcoming of Rebekah Pink as a ministry intern and the receiving of a contemporary painting of ” The Second Station of the Cross”
At Augustine Camino pilgrimage September 2018
- 9 pilgrims supported by 2 ” roadies” completed the St Augustine Camino Pilgrimage from Rochester to Ramsgate walking a total of 72 miles ;
We began our from Rochester Cathedral, and passed through Aylesford, ( Staying at the monastery), Faversham( visiting the Shrine of St Jude), Canterbury( visiting the Cathedral) and finished at Ramsgate at The Abbey and Shrine of St Augustine.
We walked through beautiful countryside, woodlands, through orchards, across muddy ploughed fields , alongside rivers and marshlands, through villages towns and cities.
Been the season of Autumn ,we were able to experience the gathering of the harvest and the preparation for next years crops: among the beauty and wonder of never ending creation.
We received Spiritual food and blessings as we passed through then many places of worship: form small churches in Villages to the splendour of monasteries and Cathedrals where we found warm hospitality and peace.
For the beauty of the earth, for the beauty of the skies, for the love which from our birth over and around us lies. Lord of all to thee we raise, this our sacrifice of thanks and praise.
Summer BBQ: September 2018
- Weekend at The Greenbelt Festival: August Bank Holiday 2018:
- Fun, Diversity, Cultures, Worship, Inspirational talks, music, meeting friends and camping
- Community Celebration Weekend: July 2018
- Friday: Pimms and Sing
- Saturday: Family fun afternoon with BBQ, Games, crafts, face painting Bouncy Castle and “The England match”
- Sunday Worship: Outdoor service of celebration and Thanksgiving for our community.
- Followed by a ramble over Burton Hills with the St Hugh’s Ramblers ending with a well deserved beer!
- The Ordination of Revd Paul Dickinson at Lincoln Cathedral and his welcome into the parish Community: July 2018
- Wine and Sing April 2018
Having fun at our latest ” Wine and Sing ” evening
Having fun at our latest wine and sing evening
Street Pastors: A presentation by Jenny Camm: April 2018
- Jenny Camm gave an insightful and informative presentation on the mission /ministry of the Scunthorpe Street Pastors in church this morning. Jenny is seen receiving a cheque towards this valuable ministry from the church wardens on behalf of the congregation of St Hugh’s
An Easter Trail
A Fun-filled morning with games, drama, music, craft and baking as we journeyed through the Easter Story with the children at our Good Friday activity morning
A fun-filled morning of games. drama. film. music, craft and baking as we Journeyed through the Easter Story with the children at our Good Friday activity morning
Camino sponsorship October 2017 – charities receiving cheques totalling £2,021
Rev’d Julia Clark’s Licensing as Associate Vicar on 26th November 2017
St Hugh’s Singers Concert “Love & Marriage” November 2017
Remembrance Sunday 2017
Thy Kingdom Come Youth Camp May 2017
The Jesus Story May 2017
Humber Bridge Cross for Christian Aid Week – May 2017
Albert & Angela Jackson’s 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration Service April 2017
Mothering Sunday March 2017
All Souls Service November 2016
Good Neighbours Tea Party August 2016
Authorised Lay Ministers receive their certificates
Church Camp July 2016
Church Lads and Girls Brigade Presentation Evening – July 2016
Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebrations – June 2016
Presentation of certificates at AGM in recognition of services provided – April 2016
Good Friday activity fun morning 2016 – “Three trees and a king”
Messiah Palm Sunday 2016
Crib Service 2015
Peace Weekend 2015
Good Neighbours 2014